Friday, January 27, 2006

I can't feel a thing

Ahem....all you Linkin' Park fans out there...gimme a holler......( now that all zero of you have responded , I can safely continue)....

First of all: sorry for ripping off one the lines from Numb.

I can't help it, it seems...I feel dead inside. I wake up somedays and do not feel like getting out of bed....The variation in my life from the pleasurable days of my undergrad ( SVCE guys know what I am talking abt) is so drastic.....the culture 'shock' ( the word -shock- is in quotes primarily because the word is more of a bugbear than anything, I guess), all the living-up-to-expectations crap, and the whole tonne of work ( I like S.I. metrics still...) have sort of had an effect similar to what a nova has on stars...I feel denuded...As if my entire life were a sham....All the hooplah...balderdash..gibberish...( as my limited literature knowledge allows me to spew out alternate words for talk that's trash)

Any guesses now why I named this god-forsaken-excuse-for-a-blog 'an attempt at normality' ( I know all you chemists out there can't but control a smirk...) ?

As the dude who at least bothered to comment on my previous post said, I should be perhaps be happy to be where I am.... but


"Jayesh Seshadri,
Graduate Research Assistant,
Laboratory for Advanced Systems Research,
The University of Texas at Austin"

Sounds cool, huh?? Think its remarkable??
.
.
.
I dont think so....And its quite easy to get here. Ask anybody I know.

Jayesh

p.s.1. If I were a woman, I could blame this sudden spurt of sadness on PMS....Alas.
p.s.2. don't hate me for p.s.1.

4 comments:

Preethi Mahalingam said...

hey blogger y this 'polambal' abt grad life?? :) :)

Jayesh S said...

Alas! I wish I had words for the exasperation I feel...I feel rather powerless ...I dont think I can 'get my life back'....

Preethi Mahalingam said...

hey jayesh...read my blog too!! :)

Preethi Mahalingam said...

thanks da for visiting my blog!! :) ...im trying to rope in as many ppl as possible to read it!! he he...heights of madness! :)