Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A ruse for sloth

One of my undergrad friends described this as the hedonist phase...where all the body seeks is overweighed by the need for the mind to cocoon itself in a shroud of sloth...Maybe a sea-change is in the offing, but who knows, what this leads to.

I have gone to the brink of total lethargy. All the vibrant energy I associated with myself, has been diminishing over the past month. Is this, as someone put it, the 'dog days' of graduation, where one goes panting to the finish line, out of breath, out of space and and out of one's mind?

I still somehow get assignments in on time, but do nothing else at all. No sports whatsoever. No social interaction.

Like Sourabh puts it, I am no longer 16... Alas, age does catch up, I guess...but this seems almost scary...It sure ain't depression...just something weird.

T'is described as 'la vie'...the ups go with the downs, but why ought there be downs at all? And is this a down at all? I suddenly prefer waking up at 1pm, barely missing my 930a Probability class all the time (The downer's that the mid-term's in a week, and desires my presence). Perhaps, I need a challenge...my thesis has been rather smooth, with just ALL the writing left to be done in about 20 days ( no biggie ).

The interiors of my living room's all I have seen in about 24 hours...with the only break to go get some milk, coz I ran out of it.

Some shit, huh ?

4 comments:

Arjun said...

somberi maadu aittiya?!
join the club :p

Anonymous said...

Sorry to post again, but are you rid of the bedbugs? Hopefully there has been no spreading of them to others.....!

Have you read about what needs to be done to eradicate them? It is really important to let your landlord know so they can treat your apartment (as well as any adjacent ones -- even if they dont have the bugs) so that they dont spread!

They can travel on clothing and luggage so please be sure you are not transporting them inadvertently to your friends. there is a comprehensive wikipedia entry on them.

Its vital to treat the situation thoroughly as early as possible and vital that you let your landlord exterminate. They just don't vanish on their own and can live in walls for 18 months without food.

Please help prevent them from spreading to others. They totally suck and I wouldnt wish them upon my worst enemy.

Jayesh S said...

Lol yeah...they are taken care of.

Divya said...

haha!! happens.. must be part of growing up!! ;)