Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Rock Band!

I hate posting again in so short a while but this had to be said.

I joined Insen, Whiplash, and Stewie, as stand-in vocals in Rock Band on Stewie's new Xbox 360... When Stewie was out bonding with his bro, Whiplash stepped into Stewie's role as drummer, leaving me to do the vocals....I did a fair job on about half my songs and sucked on the rest....I was thrust straight into medium difficulty, in my defense, without any idea of the tone or lyrics of the songs.

I agree that the drums are really hard, I could'nt get a beat going until my second song, but the guitar was ok....I look forward to my next jam session with them, and hope that we can find a second guitar somewhere to play bass with (the only position left open for poor me).

A happy side-effect from the jamming session was that I got a whole new bunch of awesome rock music to listen to, courtesy ye ol' bittorent...

I highly recommend the following songs from RB:

Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow
The Killers - When you were young
Radiohead - Creep
Soundgarden - Black hole sun
Foo fighters - Learn to fly
Iron Maiden - Run to the hills
Weezer - Say it aint so


Cheerio.

No comments: